Veterinary Technician Associate Degree Program
This program has been converted to a hybrid format incorporating online instruction with on-campus instruction for hands-on components. Please contact the school for program specifics and safety guidance and protocols.
Enrollment and financial aid can be done from home. Use your time wisely and enroll today.
What is a Veterinary Technician?
- Providing critical support services for Veterinarians and animal hospital staff
- Participating in lab tests and sampling and ensure equipment is ready for administering services.
- Taking X-rays and performing physical exams prior to veterinary procedures.
- Supervising and training personnel in the essentials of animal care.
- Delivering exceptional customer service to pet owners.
Sometimes animals need nurses too and you can be exactly that as a Veterinary Technician. Plus, there is tons of opportunity in this rapidly growing field. In fact, according to the American Pet Products Association, pet owners are expected to spend over $99 billion on their pets this year.1
What Career Options Are Available as a Veterinary Technician?
- Veterinary Hospitals
- On-site Veterinary Services
- Animal Hospitals & Shelters
- And much more
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Veterinary Assistants is projected to grow 15% in Ohio from 2018 to 2028.3
What You Will Learn in Veterinary Technician Program
- Emergency Medicine/Critical Care
- Pharmacy & Pharmacology
- Pain Management/Analgesia
- Laboratory Procedures
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Animal Care & Nursing
- Surgical Nursing
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us here at Rockford Career College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We may have changed names and locations over the years, but our goal remains the same: To prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 24 months
Find Out More
3 https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/29-2056.00?st=IL&g=Go, retrieved 4/29/21.
|VTNE Pass Rates Rockford Campus||July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2021|
|Number of first-time candidates that have taken the VTNE||120|
|Three-year VTNE pass percentage||60.83%|
If you have a animal safety or welfare concern with the patients being used in our program please contact Rebecca Cardenas, IACUC Chairperson
|Graduates of the Vet Tech Associate degree program at RCC could receive transfer credit to gain their Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Technology from the University of Missouri.|