Diploma Program - 100% Online
Office Addiction Counseling & Social Advocacy
The objectives of the Office Addiction Counseling and Social Advocacy program are to provide students with an academic foundation for a career in addiction counseling services. The skills learned can be applied in many settings including residential and outpatient counseling programs, employee wellness programs, and hospital detox facilities. The overall objective of this academic program of study is to provide the student with both the academic and practical skills required for employment in a variety of settings in the addiction counseling field.
- Learn and apply theories of addiction, substance assessment, and counseling techniques.
- Apply ethics and boundary considerations and practice an understanding of diversity and tolerance for others.
Practice an understanding of diversity and tolerance for others. Apply ethics and boundary considerations
when working and interacting with people in addiction counseling.
- Gain counseling skills including motivational interviewing.
Understand the neurobiology of addiction, family addiction dynamics, and special population considerations
in addiction counseling.
- Demonstrate knowledge of group process, case management, crisis intervention, trauma and recovery, and vocational rehabilitation.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors is projected to grow 22% in Ohio from 2021 to 2031.1
- Delivery Method: Online
- Program Length: 9 months
- Credits: 57
- Addiction Centers
- Employee Wellness Programs
- Outpatient Recovery
- At Home Care
The Rockford Career College Advantage
Rockford Career College is a distinguished institution that prioritizes career-focused education, equipping students with practical skills and real-world experience in their desired fields. What sets Rockford Career College apart is its unwavering commitment to preparing students for success in the workforce.
- Programs: Choose from a diverse range of programs in animal sciences, healthcare, business, cannabis, and skilled trades. Our programs are meticulously crafted to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in their chosen careers.
- Small Class Sizes: Benefit from personalized attention and support from our instructors, thanks to our small class sizes. This approach ensures a deeper understanding of the subject matter and the ability to apply it to real-world scenarios.
- Multiple Schedule Options: We understand the demands of your life. That's why we offer on-campus, hybrid, and fully online diploma and degree programs that provide the flexibility you need to accommodate your lifestyle.
- Experienced Faculty: Learn from industry professionals who bring extensive experience and expertise to the classroom. Our faculty members provide invaluable real-world insights and connections to enhance your learning journey.
- Hands-on Training: Gain practical skills through hands-on training in state-of-the-art labs and clinical settings. Apply what you learn in the classroom to real-world situations, enhancing your confidence and readiness for your future career.
WHY CHOOSE RCC
- On-Campus & Online Options
- 20+ Career-Focused Programs
- Hands-On & Real World Training
- Inclusive Small Class Sizes
- Caring Instructors
- Student-Centered Experience
- Tutoring & Personalized Support
- Financial Aid for Those Who Qualify
- Externship Opportunities
- Career Placement Assistance & dedicated career services team
- RCC is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
"The online classes that I took through Rockford Career College was solely focused on my chosen career field. My life has changed drastically as I have gained more confidence in myself, while also finding something to be passionate about."
2022 Graduate, Office Addiction Counseling and Social Advocacy
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/21-1011.00?st=IL, retrieved on 5/31/2023.