Diploma Program - 100% Online
Medical Office Billing & Coding
The curriculum featured in the Medical Billing and Coding program is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to perform the functions of a medical office biller/coder, while understanding the professional and ethical responsibilities required. Topics covered in this program include: medical law, CPT, ICD, HCPCS coding, and insurance claim processing, among others.
- Knowledge of coding and insurance billing by using current CPT, ICD, and HCPCS code books.
- Diagnostic and procedural coding.
- Understanding of hospital billing practices and processes.
- Understanding of information regarding private insurance and managed care systems.
- Manage proper medical documentation.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in Illinois for Medical Record Specialists is expected to increase by 7% between 2021 and 2031.1
- Delivery Method: Online
- Program Length: 10 months
- Credits: 60
- Physician Offices
- Medical Labs
- Medical Billing Service Organizations
- Insurance Companies
After you complete the Medical Office Billing and Coding Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Healthcare Administration Associate Degree completion program.That's only 17 months total to get an associate degree.
What You Will Learn
- Real-world best practices for processing medical data.
- Understand medical coding and the language of a healthcare office.
- Classes in CPT, ICD, HCPCS coding, and insurance claim processing, among others.
The Rockford Career College Advantage
Rockford Career College is a distinguished institution that prioritizes career-focused education, equipping students with practical skills and real-world experience in their desired fields. What sets Rockford Career College apart is its unwavering commitment to preparing students for success in the workforce.
- Programs: Choose from a diverse range of programs in animal sciences, healthcare, business, cannabis, and skilled trades. Our programs are meticulously crafted to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in their chosen careers.
- Small Class Sizes: Benefit from personalized attention and support from our instructors, thanks to our small class sizes. This approach ensures a deeper understanding of the subject matter and the ability to apply it to real-world scenarios.
- Multiple Schedule Options: We understand the demands of your life. That's why we offer on-campus, hybrid, and fully online diploma and degree programs that provide the flexibility you need to accommodate your lifestyle.
- Experienced Faculty: Learn from industry professionals who bring extensive experience and expertise to the classroom. Our faculty members provide invaluable real-world insights and connections to enhance your learning journey.
- Hands-on Training: Gain practical skills through hands-on training in state-of-the-art labs and clinical settings. Apply what you learn in the classroom to real-world situations, enhancing your confidence and readiness for your future career.
WHY CHOOSE RCC
- On-Campus & Online Options
- 20+ Career-Focused Programs
- Hands-On & Real World Training
- Inclusive Small Class Sizes
- Caring Instructors
- Student-Centered Experience
- Tutoring & Personalized Support
- Financial Aid for Those Who Qualify
- Externship Opportunities
- Career Placement Assistance & dedicated career services team
- RCC is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
"I went back to school more than 30 years old with 4 kids at home -working 2 jobs – anyone can do it at RCC. I’m graduating with honors and I’m here to tell you it can be done. Go for it – don’t hold off any longer."
2022 Graduate, Healthcare Administration, AAS
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/29-2072.00?st=IL, retrieved on 5/31/2023.