Medical Assistant Diploma Program
What is a Medical Assistant?
- Working alongside physicians and nurses to provide administrative support.
- Measuring and recording vital signs.
- Ensuring stellar patient experiences through appointment scheduling, cleansing rooms and processing customer data.
- In some cases, obtaining patient samples.
- Helping patients improve healthcare outcomes and improve lives.
What Career Options Are Available as a Medical Assistant?
- Medical & Diagnostic Laboratories
- Nursing Care Facilities
- Optometrist Offices
- Insurance Companies
- Outpatient Care Centers
- State & Local Government Agencies
- Private Practices
- And many more locations!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Medical Assistants is expected to increase by 19% between 2019 and 2029.1
What You Will Learn in a Medical Assistant Program
- Instruction in both clerical and clinical best practices and skills.
- Development of medical communication and critical thinking..
- Includes a 160-hour externship designed to gain hands-on experience.
- Real-life examples of common challenges in the healthcare world.
Upon successful completion of the program, you have the ability to sit for your medical assistant certification. Recognized by the American Medical Technologists (AMT), this certification could open additional doors to employment.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us here at Rockford Career College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We may have changed names and locations over the years, but our goal remains the same: To prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 10 months
Find Out More
After you complete the Medical Assistant Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Healthcare Administration Associate Degree completion program. That's only 17 months total to get an associate degree
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00?st=IL&g=Go, retrieved 4/8/21.
The Medical Assisting program instructs students in both clerical and clinical skills. Classes include instruction on taking vital signs, drawing blood, maintaining patient records, billing and other skills related to patient care. The program also includes courses to help you develop communication and critical thinking skills. The program requires a 160-hour externship designed to help you gain hands-on experience, following the completion of all required course work.
Medical assistants work under the supervision of a nurse, doctor or other healthcare provider. They are typically responsible for tasks like taking vital signs, administering medication, drawing blood, scheduling, billing, assisting with minor surgical procedures and performing laboratory tests. During a patient’s visit, they are often the first and last contact a patient has with the staff.
Medical assistants could work in a variety of healthcare settings, including hospitals, clinics, physician offices and nursing homes.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Medical Assistants in the United States are expected to increase by 23% between 2018 and 2028.1 With an aging population which continues to increase, the demand for skilled workers in the healthcare industry will also rise. Rockford Career College can prepare you to join this exciting and in-demand field.
1onetonline.org/link/summary/31-9092.00, retrieved 4/14/2020