Diploma Program - Hybrid (Online & On-Campus)
The diploma in Medical Assistant is designed to provide students with the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills required for entry level positions in the medical assistant career field. The diploma program includes training in office administration procedures and technology required in medical offices. The program includes an externship in a local clinic, hospital, or physician’s office to provide students with practical and real-life experience working in a medical office environment and practicing professional procedures as required.
- Gain clinical skills, diagnostic procedures and operational functions of a medical assistant.
- Accurately articulate the legal and ethical standards as well as procedures and regulations appropriate to the medical assisting field.
- Demonstrate effective administrative tasks and procedures as required in a medical office.
Prepare to be amazed by these impactful facts: The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a staggering 16% increase in the number of Medical Assistant jobs in the state between 2021 and 2031.1 And that's just the beginning! Nationally, the employment trends for Medical Assistants are set to soar to new heights. Projections estimate a phenomenal 123,000 new job openings annually across the United States between 2021 and 2031.2 It's time to seize this extraordinary opportunity and embark on a rewarding career in the thriving healthcare industry!
- Delivery Method: Hybrid
- Program Length: 10 months
- Credits: 60
- Medical & Diagnostic Laboratories
- Nursing Care Facilities
- Optometrist Offices
- Outpatient Care Centers
After you complete the Medical Assistant Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Healthcare Administration Associate Degree completion program. That's only 17 months total to get an associate degree.
What You Will Learn
- Instruction in both clerical and clinical best practices and skills.
- Development of medical communication and critical thinking.
- Includes an externship designed to gain hands-on experience.
- Real-life examples of common challenges in the healthcare world.
The Rockford Career College Advantage
Rockford Career College is a distinguished institution that prioritizes career-focused education, equipping students with practical skills and real-world experience in their desired fields. What sets Rockford Career College apart is its unwavering commitment to preparing students for success in the workforce.
- Programs: Choose from a diverse range of programs in animal sciences, healthcare, business, cannabis, and skilled trades. Our programs are meticulously crafted to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in their chosen careers.
- Small Class Sizes: Benefit from personalized attention and support from our instructors, thanks to our small class sizes. This approach ensures a deeper understanding of the subject matter and the ability to apply it to real-world scenarios.
- Multiple Schedule Options: We understand the demands of your life. That's why we offer on-campus, hybrid, and fully online diploma and degree programs that provide the flexibility you need to accommodate your lifestyle.
- Experienced Faculty: Learn from industry professionals who bring extensive experience and expertise to the classroom. Our faculty members provide invaluable real-world insights and connections to enhance your learning journey.
- Hands-on Training: Gain practical skills through hands-on training in state-of-the-art labs and clinical settings. Apply what you learn in the classroom to real-world situations, enhancing your confidence and readiness for your future career.
WHY CHOOSE RCC
- On-Campus & Online Options
- 20+ Career-Focused Programs
- Hands-On & Real World Training
- Inclusive Small Class Sizes
- Caring Instructors
- Student-Centered Experience
- Tutoring & Personalized Support
- Financial Aid for Those Who Qualify
- Externship Opportunities
- Career Placement AssistanceCareer Placement Assistance & dedicated career services team
- RCC is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
"Remember your why – why did you start at RCC? My why was to do better for myself and my family."
2022 Graduate, Medical Assistant
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00?st=IL, retrieved on 5/31/2023.
2 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00?st=IL, retrieved on 5/31/2023.