Diploma Program - 100% Online
Early Childhood Education
Course work is designed to prepare students to work with young children of all abilities and special needs in a variety of settings.
A multitude of studies suggest that early childhood is one of the most important learning periods in a child’s life. During this time period, high-quality developmental education can not only significantly impact a child’s ability to learn in later life, but also set the course for one’s opportunities in the future. For these overwhelming reasons, effective education during a child’s pre-school years requires careful training and is a highly-rewarding career.
- Organize developmentally appropriate activities.
- Create schedules and routines to ensure children have enough physical activities, playtime and rest.
- Keep records of children’s progress and routines to include observations and information on meals, activities and medication administered.
- Recognize signs of social, emotional, physical or developmental delay in children and understand how to plan for children with special needs.
- Delivery Method: Online
- Program Length: 7 months
- Credits: 50
- Public and Private Schools
- Childcare Centers
- Home-Based Education
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Preschool Teachers is projected to grow 15% in Illinois from 2021 to 2031.1
What You Will Learn
- Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviors necessary to gain employment as entry-level early childhood educators.
- Course work designed to prepare students to work with young children of all abilities and special needs in a variety of settings.
The Rockford Career College Advantage
Rockford Career College is a distinguished institution that prioritizes career-focused education, equipping students with practical skills and real-world experience in their desired fields. What sets Rockford Career College apart is its unwavering commitment to preparing students for success in the workforce.
- Programs: Choose from a diverse range of programs in animal sciences, healthcare, business, cannabis, and skilled trades. Our programs are meticulously crafted to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in their chosen careers.
- Small Class Sizes: Benefit from personalized attention and support from our instructors, thanks to our small class sizes. This approach ensures a deeper understanding of the subject matter and the ability to apply it to real-world scenarios.
- Multiple Schedule Options: We understand the demands of your life. That's why we offer on-campus, hybrid, and fully online diploma and degree programs that provide the flexibility you need to accommodate your lifestyle.
- Experienced Faculty: Learn from industry professionals who bring extensive experience and expertise to the classroom. Our faculty members provide invaluable real-world insights and connections to enhance your learning journey.
- Hands-on Training: Gain practical skills through hands-on training in state-of-the-art labs and clinical settings. Apply what you learn in the classroom to real-world situations, enhancing your confidence and readiness for your future career.
WHY CHOOSE RCC
- On-Campus & Online Options
- 20+ Career-Focused Programs
- Hands-On & Real World Training
- Inclusive Small Class Sizes
- Caring Instructors
- Student-Centered Experience
- Tutoring & Personalized Support
- Financial Aid for Those Who Qualify
- Externship Opportunities
- Career Placement Assistance & dedicated career services team
- RCC is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
"It helped prepare me for a better future in my field."
2022 Graduate, Early Childhood Education
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/25-2011.00?st=IL, retrieved on 5/31/2023.