Diploma Program - Hybrid (Online & On-Campus)
The mission of the Practical Nursing Program (PN Program) at Rockford Career College is to provide a quality education to students with a passion for helping people. The philosophy and conceptual framework of the PN program, with an emphasis on ethics and respect for the medical profession, will train students to provide a valuable service to the community, while guiding student advancement through practical application, clinical skills, critical thinking and continued learning.
- Perform all nursing functions within safe, legal and ethical parameters.
- Learn clinical judgement.
- Achieve a precision level in biological, physical, psychosocial and nursing sciences.
- Judgment and skill to safely and accurately administer medication.
- Qualify to take Licensure Examination.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in Illinois for Licensed Practical Nurses is expected to increase by 6% between 2021 and 2031.1
- Delivery Method: Hybrid
- Program Length: 14 months
- Credits: 76.5
- Physician Offices
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Nursing Homes
What You Will Learn
- Studies in anatomy, pharmacology and nutrition.
- Course work in clinical skills, critical thinking, medical ethics and nursing care.
- How to create a safe environment for patients, family and the community.
The Rockford Career College Advantage
- Rockford Career College is a distinguished institution that prioritizes career-focused education, equipping students with practical skills and real-world experience in their desired fields. What sets Rockford Career College apart is its unwavering commitment to preparing students for success in the workforce.
- Programs: Choose from a diverse range of programs in animal sciences, healthcare, business, cannabis, and skilled trades. Our programs are meticulously crafted to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in their chosen careers.
- Small Class Sizes: Benefit from personalized attention and support from our instructors, thanks to our small class sizes. This approach ensures a deeper understanding of the subject matter and the ability to apply it to real-world scenarios.
- Multiple Schedule Options: We understand the demands of your life. That's why we offer on-campus, hybrid, and fully online diploma and degree programs that provide the flexibility you need to accommodate your lifestyle.
- Experienced Faculty: Learn from industry professionals who bring extensive experience and expertise to the classroom. Our faculty members provide invaluable real-world insights and connections to enhance your learning journey.
- Hands-on Training: Gain practical skills through hands-on training in state-of-the-art labs and clinical settings. Apply what you learn in the classroom to real-world situations, enhancing your confidence and readiness for your future career.
WHY CHOOSE RCC
- On-Campus & Online Options
- 20+ Career-Focused Programs
- Hands-On & Real World Training
- Inclusive Small Class Sizes
- Caring Instructors
- Student-Centered Experience
- Tutoring & Personalized Support
- Financial Aid for Those Who Qualify
- Externship Opportunities
- Career Placement Assistance & dedicated career services team
- RCC is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
"Remember your why – why did you start at RCC? My why was to do better for myself and my family."
2022 Graduate, Medical Assistant
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/29-2061.00?st=IL, retrieved on 5/31/2023.