Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Diploma Program
NOW OFFERING: EVENING CLASSES Monday-Thursday 5:30-10:30PM
100% of the program is on-campus
What Is Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration?
- Installing heating and cooling systems.
- Maintaining and repairing heating and cooling systems.
- Providing excellent customer service for commercial and residential clientele.
- Studying blueprints and assembling HVAC/R equipment.
- Measuring and reporting on HVAC/R performance.
- Evolving skill sets to the latest technology and understanding water-based heating systems, solar technology or other sub-domains of HVAC/R systems.
Some HVAC/R technicians go on to start their own businesses!
What Career Options Are Available in Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration?
- Corporate Buildings
- Residential Apartments and Single-Family Homes
- Government and Utility Properties
- Retail and Commercial Sites
- And many more!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for HVAC Mechanics and Installers is expected to increase by 5% between 2020 and 2030.1
What You Will Learn in a Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Program
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot HVAC/R equipment and systems.
- Complete required safety courses, necessary within the skilled trade for employment.
- Be introduced to various systems and brands common to the industry.
- Learn common terminology and procedures related to the HVAC/R field.
We prepare you for the EPA certification exam so you can be ready to work immediately.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us here at Rockford Career College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We may have changed names and locations over the years, but our goal remains the same: To prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 10 months
100% of the program is on campus.
Find Out More
After you complete the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Construction Management Associate Degree completion program. That's only 17 months total to get an associate degree.
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/49-9021.00?st=IL&g=Go, retrieved 1/11/2022.