Electrical Technician Diploma Program
100% of the program is on-campus
HS diploma not required to enter the program.
What Is an Electrical Technician?
- Wiring new construction sites for electrical use.
- Installing electrical wiring and outlets.
- Repairing or upgrading electrical systems.
- Interpreting blueprints and maintaining safety protocols.
Electrical Technicians primarily focus on the build, repair, safety, inspection and installation of electrical components and systems. Typically, this role works under the supervision of either an Electrician or an Electrical Engineer.
What Career Options Are Available as an Electrical Technician?
- Inside Wiremen
- Outside Linemen
- Residential Lineman
- Installer Technician
- Renewable Energy Technician
- Engineering Technician
- Engineering Technician
- And many more!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Electricians is expected to increase by 8% between 2019 and 2029.1
What You Will Learn in a Computer Numeric Control (CNC) and Robotic Manufacturing Technology Program
- Grasp electrical safety laws and regulations.
- Establish safety protocols and best practices on a job site.
- Understand conduit bending, AC/DC theory, motor controls and operations.
- Utilize transformers, branch and feeder calculations to establish new electrical systems.
Have you heard about the shortage of electricians? At Rockford Career College, YOU could help fill that shortage by enrolling and graduating from our 10-month Electrical Technician Diploma Program. Read more about the shortage of electrical technicians at http://www.career.org/news/shortage-of-skills-electricians
Fox News: Electrician Shortage: https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/electrician-shortage-six-figure-salary-job
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us here at Rockford Career College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We may have changed names and locations over the years, but our goal remains the same: To prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 10 months
100% of the program is on campus.
Find Out More
After you complete the Electrical Technician Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Construction Management Associate Degree completion program. That's only 17 months total to get an associate degree.
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/47-2111.00?st=IL&g=Go, retrieved 4/21/21.