Diploma Program - Hybrid (Online & On-Campus)
The Diploma in Dental Assisting program prepares students to seek entry-level employment as a Dental Assistant in a variety of dental settings. The content of the program provides students with didactic, laboratory and clinical instruction in dental assisting procedures to include: chairside assisting, dental office administration, infection control and dental treatment procedures commonly performed in a dental setting.
- Identify the legal and ethical standards, guidelines, and regulations pertinent to the dental field and dental assisting.
- Clinical skills, diagnostic procedures, and appropriate operational functions of dental assisting as defined by state and local regulations and/or licensure requirements.
- Expose, process, mount, and evaluate diagnostic dental radiographs as prescribed by the dentist.
- Perform appropriate dental office administrative tasks effectively.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, about 56,400 openings for dental assistants are projected each year, on average, over the decade. Many of those openings are expected to result from the need to replace workers who transfer to different occupations or exit the labor force, such as to retire.1
- Delivery Method: Hybrid
- Program Length: 10 months
- Credits: 60
- Oral Surgery Centers
- Dental Offices
- Other Oral Care Locations
After you complete the Dental Assisting Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Healthcare Administration Associate Degree completion program. That's only 17 months total to get an associate degree
What You Will Learn
- Didactic, laboratory and clinical processes.
- In-depth teachings of common dental procedures.
- Instruction for dental office administration.
- Knowledge of chairside assisting and infection control in an oral environment.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in Illinois for Dental Assistants is expected to increase by 8% between 2021 and 2031.2
The Rockford Career College Advantage
Rockford Career College is a distinguished institution that prioritizes career-focused education, equipping students with practical skills and real-world experience in their desired fields. What sets Rockford Career College apart is its unwavering commitment to preparing students for success in the workforce.
- Programs: Choose from a diverse range of programs in animal sciences, healthcare, business, cannabis, and skilled trades. Our programs are meticulously crafted to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in their chosen careers.
- Small Class Sizes: Benefit from personalized attention and support from our instructors, thanks to our small class sizes. This approach ensures a deeper understanding of the subject matter and the ability to apply it to real-world scenarios.
- Multiple Schedule Options: We understand the demands of your life. That's why we offer on-campus, hybrid, and fully online diploma and degree programs that provide the flexibility you need to accommodate your lifestyle.
- Experienced Faculty: Learn from industry professionals who bring extensive experience and expertise to the classroom. Our faculty members provide invaluable real-world insights and connections to enhance your learning journey.
- Hands-on Training: Gain practical skills through hands-on training in state-of-the-art labs and clinical settings. Apply what you learn in the classroom to real-world situations, enhancing your confidence and readiness for your future career.
WHY CHOOSE RCC
- On-Campus & Online Options
- 20+ Career-Focused Programs
- Hands-On & Real World Training
- Inclusive Small Class Sizes
- Caring Instructors
- Student-Centered Experience
- Tutoring & Personalized Support
- Financial Aid for Those Who Qualify
- Externship Opportunities
- Career Placement Assistance & dedicated career services team
- RCC is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
"RCC gave me all of the knowledge and hands on practice to prepare me for working in a dental office! My teachers answered all questions while providing me with advice and tips in the field."
2022 Graduate, Dental Assisting
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9091.00?st=IL, retrieved on 5/31/2023.