Diploma Program - 100% Online
Associate Degree - Hybrid (Online & On-Campus)
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Surgical Technology program curriculum has been carefully designed to blend professional instruction, hands-on training in the lab and clinical work to ensure that learners develop the knowledge, skills, and behaviors necessary to gain employment as entry-level surgical technologists and become contributing members of the multidisciplinary health care workforce.
- Knowledge of basic sciences related to surgical technology.
- Recognize and assist with emergency situations.
- Prepare and function as a Surgical Technologist during pre-, intra-, and post-surgical procedures.
The Surgical Technology program is programmatically accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). Prior to graduation, all students will be eligible to take the CST examination offered through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
- Delivery Method: Hybrid
- Program Length: 18 months
- Credits: 102
- Outpatient Surgery Centers
What You Will Learn
- Advanced studies in anatomy, microbiology and physiology.
- In-depth study of medical terminology and operating room procedures.
- An externship in a healthcare setting, providing real-world experience.
- General education course work to meet the requirements of an associate degree.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in Illinois for Surgical Technologist is expected to increase by 6% between 2021 and 2031.1
The Rockford Career College Advantage
Rockford Career College is a distinguished institution that prioritizes career-focused education, equipping students with practical skills and real-world experience in their desired fields. What sets Rockford Career College apart is its unwavering commitment to preparing students for success in the workforce.
- Programs: Choose from a diverse range of programs in animal sciences, healthcare, business, cannabis, and skilled trades. Our programs are meticulously crafted to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in their chosen careers.
- Small Class Sizes: Benefit from personalized attention and support from our instructors, thanks to our small class sizes. This approach ensures a deeper understanding of the subject matter and the ability to apply it to real-world scenarios.
- Multiple Schedule Options: We understand the demands of your life. That's why we offer on-campus, hybrid, and fully online diploma and degree programs that provide the flexibility you need to accommodate your lifestyle.
- Experienced Faculty: Learn from industry professionals who bring extensive experience and expertise to the classroom. Our faculty members provide invaluable real-world insights and connections to enhance your learning journey.
- Hands-on Training: Gain practical skills through hands-on training in state-of-the-art labs and clinical settings. Apply what you learn in the classroom to real-world situations, enhancing your confidence and readiness for your future career.
WHY CHOOSE RCC
- On-Campus & Online Options
- 20+ Career-Focused Programs
- Hands-On & Real World Training
- Inclusive Small Class Sizes
- Caring Instructors
- Student-Centered Experience
- Tutoring & Personalized Support
- Financial Aid for Those Who Qualify
- Externship Opportunities
- Career Placement Assistance
"I had some great instructors and a great dean guiding me through everything and being there for me through some of the toughest times of my life and keeping me motivated to push through school."
2022 Graduate, Surgical Techology, AAS
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/29-2055.00?st=IL, retrieved on 5/31/2023.