Paralegal Studies Associate Degree Program
Upon completion of a diploma program, students are eligible to enroll in an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree program. Diploma programs are designed to help students begin work in their chosen field. Our AAS programs go beyond by allowing students to develop general education skill sets (in areas such as English, History and Math) and complete an advanced level of course work in their chosen field. As long as they have completed a diploma program or a specific number of credit hours from a related concentration, students may begin an AAS program anytime, even at night while they work. All of our AAS completion programs are 100% online.
What Is a Paralegal?
- Providing advanced strategic support to dramatically effect case outcomes.
- Display an advanced understanding of the law and law terminology.
- Stay abreast of important changes to legal government guidelines or regulations.
- Support in the development of legal arguments, motions and other case filings.
What Career Options Are Available as a Paralegal?
- Defense Law Firms
- Corporate Law Firms
- International Law Firms
- Banks & Financial Institutions
- And much more
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Paralegals is projected to grow 12% in the US from 2020 to 2030.1
What You Will Learn in Paralegal
- The professional and ethical responsibilities associated with a paralegal career.
- Specialty course work in legal terminology, research and writing.
- In depth study of various facets of law, tailored to a higher educational audience.
- Advanced educational focus in communications, written communications and social sciences.
- General education in math, history and government.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us here at Rockford Career College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We may have changed names and locations over the years, but our goal remains the same: To prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 7 months
100% of the program is online
Find Out More
1onetonline.org/link/summary/23-2011.00, retrieved 1/11/2022.