- About RCC
- Become a Student
- Current/Former Students
- Continuing Education
- Consumer Info
Medical Office Assistant
The Medical Office Assistant program prepares the student to assist the physician in the general and administrative areas of the medical office or heath care facility. The program prepares a student to perform duties under the direction of a facility manager or physicians. Entry level and position titles include:
- Medical Office Assistant (SOC: 43-9061.00)
- Medical Records Clerk (SOC: 43-6013.00)
- Claims Processor (SOC: 43-9041.01)
- Patient Accounts Personnel (SOC: 43-3011.00)
- Medical Receptionist (SOC: 43-6013.00)
- Billing & Coding Representative (SOC: 43-3021.02)
Click the Standard Occupational Code for more information from O*Net Online regarding job outlook, salary ranges, education requirements and much more!
Medical Office Assistants are multi-skilled allied health professionals specifically trained to work in the ambulatory medical settings such as the physician’s offices, clinics and group practices. They are trained to perform a variety of administrative duties in a medical office or clinic. The following are partial lists of some of the duties of a medical office assistant.
- Using computer applications
- Maintaining and filling patient records
- Coding and filling out insurance forms
- Answering telephones & scheduling appointments
- Arranging hospital stays and outpatient testing
- Handling mail, billing and bookkeeping
Gainful Employment Statement
Medical Office Assistant A.A.S
The Medical Office Assistant Associate Degree program is offered as a program leading to Gainful Employment. As such we want all potential students to be able to make a reasoned decision on enrolling in this program at Rockford Career College. To that extent we offer the following information:
Medical Office Assistant Career Opportunities:
All Rockford Career College Advanced Degree Programs can lead to potential career opportunities with the students’ respective field of study. Our Medical Office Assistant graduate students will gain the knowledge in an entry-level position as a Medical Secretary (SOC: 43-6013.00).
Program Length: This program requires 90 quarter credits. A full-time student can complete the program in 8 quarters (24 months) if they maintain full-time status, do not take any quarters off, successfully pass each course the first time, and do not need any pre-curriculum classes.