- About RCC
- Become a Student
- Current/Former Students
- Continuing Education
- Consumer Info
Medical Coding & Billing
This Associates of Applied Science degree program prepares individual to take an active role in the coding and reimbursement process for services performed by the physician and non-training in medical billing processes, and procedure coding, and medical insurance claim completion and processing. This program focuses on coding and insurance procedures for the medical office and the hospital.
- Apply Knowledge and skills learned in the program to insurance and billing practices
- Explain insurance benefits to patients and clients
- Prepare and process insurance and billing documentation and forms used by health care providers
- Use proper reimbursement practices
- Demonstrate reimbursement practices
- Demonstrate proficiency with ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS coding. (diagnostic & procedural coding guidelines)
- Understand medical terminology and procedures related to all aspects of the health care community
- Abstract and analyze documentation and its use in accurate coding procedures
- Display professional communication skills
Gainful Employment Statements
Medical Coding & Billing A.A.S
The Medical Coding & Billing Associate Degree program is offered as a program leading to Gainful Employment. As such we want all potential students to be able to make a reasoned decision on enrolling in this program at Rockford Career College. To that extent we offer the following information:
Medical Coding & Billing Specialist Degree Career Opportunities
All Rockford Career College Advanced Degree Programs can lead to potential career opportunities within the students’ respective field of study. Our graduate students gain the knowledge to advance in their career choices. We offer a brief list of potential career opportunities available with a Medical Coding & Billing Specialist Degree from Rockford Career College.
- Medical Records and Health Information Technician (SOC: 29-2071.00)
Click the Standard Occupational Code for more information from O*Net Online regarding job outlook, salary ranges, education requirements and much more!
Program Length: This program requires 96 quarter credits. A full-time student can complete the program in 8 quarters (24 months) if they maintain full-time status, do not take any quarters off, successfully pass each course the first time, and do not need any pre-curriculum classes.