- About RCC
- Become a Student
- Current/Former Students
- Continuing Education
- Consumer Info
Medical Coding & Billing
This Associates of Applied Science degree program prepares individual to take and active role in the coding and reimbursement process for services performed by the physician and non-training in medical billing processes, and procedure coding, and medical insurance claim completion and processing. This program focuses on coding and insurance procedures for the medical office and the hospital.
- Apply Knowledge and skills learned in the program to insurance and billing practices
- Explain insurance benefits to patients and clients
- Prepare and process insurance and billing documentation and forms used by health care providers
- Use proper reimbursement practices
- Demonstrate reimbursement practices
- Demonstrate proficiency with ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS coding. (diagnostic & procedural coding guidelines)
- Understand medical terminology and procedures related to all aspects of the health care community
- Abstract and analyze documentation and its use in accurate coding procedures
- Display professional communication skills
Gainful Employment Statements
Medical Coding & Billing A.A.S
The Medical Coding & Billing Associate Degree program is offered as a program leading to Gainful Employment. As such we want all potential students to be able to make a reasoned decision on enrolling in this program at Rockford Career College. To that extent we offer the following information:
Potential Job Positions:
Entry Level position as a Medical Records Clerk, Health Information Clerk, Medical Records Technician, or Coder.
This program requires 96 quarter credits. A full-time student can complete the program in 8 quarters (24 months) if they maintain full-time status, do not take any quarters off, successfully pass each course the first time, and do not need any pre-curriculum classes.