- About RCC
- Become a Student
- Current/Former Students
- Continuing Education
- Consumer Info
A professional grooming career allows animal enthusiasts a creative profession that is fulfilling! Not only do groomers get to use their artistic abilities but contribute to the overall health and well-being of a variety of animals. The Basic Animal Grooming program prepares students for career opportunities in animal hospitals, boarding kennels, animal shelters, pet grooming establishments, pet training schools, and pet shops. Students will learn to identify dog breeds, maintain grooming equipment, bathing and drying techniques, dog anatomy, basic grooming patterns, and health & safety concerns.
- Work place safety
- Customer service skills & career opportunities
- Basic pet health care
- Dog Breed Identification
- Body styles & Breed specific cuts
- Grooming tools identification, and uses & maintenance
- Basic grooming terminology
- Grooming processes & techniques
- Ear cleaning
- Nail Trimming
- High School transcripts, diploma, or GED must be submitted before admission into the program will be considered.
- All applicants must have an up-to-date tetanus vaccine.
The Basic Grooming Class includes 40 hours of lecture and 200 hours of lab.
* This program is not accredited by ACICS.